The Public Education Action Team of the League of Women Voters of Orange, Durham and Chatham counties invites the public to attend an informational forum on education issues and policies impacting students, schools, families, businesses and community members. The forum will be held on Thursday January 11, 2018, 10:00 AM at the Briar Chapel Clubhouse, 1600 Briar Chapel Parkway, Chapel Hill.
LaTanya Pattillo, Teacher Advisor to Governor Roy Cooper, will address critical public education issues such as:
- Impact of class size requirements;
- Equal and sufficient access to highly qualified teachers, school leaders and educational resources;
- Use of test performance to rate and rank schools;
- Universal access to Pre-Kindergarden;
- Impact of current charter and voucher systems;
- Equal access to services for students with learning, language, health and social-emotional needs.
A strong public education system benefits all community members. Students and districts rely on the involvement of an interested and informed public. Your input can help shape policy, legislation and representative action. For more information visit our website: http://lwvodc.org/edu
This event is free and open to the public. Free parking is available.